Ascension School Camp and Conference Center offers quiet serenity and natural beauty year-round in a park-like setting. Ascension’s buildings are nestled in the foothills of the Wallowa Mountains overlooking the beautiful Grande Ronde Valley.
We offer full-service experiences at reasonable rates for groups of all sizes, types, and denominations: Reunions, Weddings, Clubs, Military, Retreats, Workshops
For more information or to reserve space, please contact the Ascension School office.
The Ascension Chapel was built in 1874-1876 by Reuben Nevius, originally as the Episcopal Church for the Community of Cove. In 1968, it officially became the Chapel for the Summer Camp program. Ascension Chapel, which stands in its original state with the stained glass windows shipped from the east coast, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Charming appeal for weddings
- Seats 100-120 people
- Gallery of chapel founders and history in vestibule
- Historically significant stained glass windows
- $250 per day
Founder’s Hall provides a rustic lodge style dining hall which expands onto a spacious deck with amazing view of the Grande Ronde Valley and Mt. Emily. It also boasts beautiful surrounding grounds.
Founder’s Hall also houses a small library for meeting space that can accommodate 20 people.
- Seats up to 100 people.
- Meals and refreshments may be catered from the full-service kitchen and served in our dining hall or, weather permitting, on the deck.
- Expansive view of the Grande Ronde Valley.
- $500 per day fee includes use of Founders Hall and surrounding grounds.
- Optional use of Ascension Chapel included in fee.
Kimsey Commons is our large, modern conference facility can accommodate up to 100 people in our large dining/conference space and our expansive grounds allow for even larger events.
Modern, inviting, and fully accessible, Kimsey Commons also includes two meeting rooms: the largest accommodates up to 60 people, and a smaller room holds up to 20 people.
- Large meeting room has a fireplace.
- Both meeting rooms offer expansive views of the valley.
- Meals and refreshments may be provided from the full-service kitchen and served in the conference center’s dining room.
- Covered decks and porches are pleasant places for socializing and fellowship.
- Kimsey Commons daily rate: $1000 per day
- Package includes use of Kimsey Commons building and surrounding grounds, and optional use of Ascension Chapel.
- Lodging: 11 rooms sleep 2 per room with private baths, $75 per room per night
RVs and campers are welcome for overnight events.
- 6 full hook-ups
- 1 partial hook-up with electric and water
- Pull-through and back-in
- Tent campsites available.
Rates: $25 per night
We have two dormitory-style lodges available for groups and families with a minimum of 15 people. Each dorm building has shared bathrooms, and guests provide their own linens/bedding.
One overnight per person, includes 3 meals: $65.00
One overnight per person, without meals: $30.00