Ascension School offers bus transportation to and from camp. We contract with Mid-Columbia Bus Company and will have at least one adult riding the bus to and from camp with all campers. We encourage you to take advantage of this service as the camp experience often begins on the bus, and it is a great way to reduce fuel costs and emissions.
For a smooth ride:
- Indicate the appropriate trip on your camp registration form.
- Please be sure to note the time and location that you will need to drop your child off and pick them up.
- Some drop-off locations do not have supervision, so please do not leave your child until they have boarded the camp bus.
- Be sure to be there to pick your child up at the time indicated. Ascension School is not responsible for the supervision of your child until they reach Ascension School grounds.
- In case of an emergency, Ascension School has contact with Mid-Columbia Bus Company’s main office during bus operating times, and we are in contact with the bus driver when the bus is making routine stops.
Bus Rider Conduct:
- Campers are expected to conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner while riding the camp bus.
- Campers being transported are under the authority of the bus driver.
- Campers need to be on time for the bus.
- When necessary to cross the road, campers shall cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
- Emergency doors on the bus should be used only in case of an emergency.
- Campers shall not bring animals, firearms, weapons or other potentially hazardous materials on the bus.
- Campers need to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Campers shall not open or close windows without permission. They may not extend their hands, arms or heads through the bus window.
- Loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Campers shall keep the bus clean and must refrain from causing damage.
- Campers need to be courteous to the driver, to fellow riders and to passersby.
- Fighting, wrestling or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.